just before this unscripted summer hiatus, i was about to write one last post about finland – the obligatory trip to the supermarket. it’s always one of my favourite parts of any trip :) here are some things that drew our attention:
we’re back in berlin, after what feels like a whirlwind summer of travelling and adventures. we filled our bellies and our hearts to the brim, collecting hugs and sunshine wherever we went. it was glorious.
we’re back now, and i’m still lazily sorting frames and memories. here are the highlights from our beloved month of august:
- smoke sauna, korvapuusti and lots of other lovely things in finland
- exploring teufelsberg
- attending some portuguese romarias
- hugging lots friends and family, and even meeting cousins for the first time
- discovering a little bit more of lisbon and sintra
wash the dishes and put them up there to dry – no need for the ugly rack that seems to take up half of the counter space! in my informal survey of finnish kitchens (a grand total of 3), all of them had this neat little feature. i heard that they’re common in other countries as well, but so far, i’ve only seen them in finland.
our hosts used it mostly as a storage place though, since they had a dish washer…
- my first tattoo!
- seeing a friend, after… oh… 10 years?
- doing the testdaf
- lots of sunny days spent in tempelhof
- visiting finland again, and our first sauna!