ooof! i got a little distracted, and three weeks have passed in the blink of an eye!
– world postcard day was a whirlwind of excitement and postcards! this year, we decided to put some limits in place on the number of postcards each person could send (so that the algorithm wasn’t straining as much to find addresses)… but things actually backfired and people ended up asking for more addresses than normal 😅 i think somehow we made these addresses sound like a precious resource, and everyone decided they better enjoy them! even then, things went really well, with much enthusiasm and many, many postcards. makes me happy.
– we had the parents over for a few days on that week, and it was nice to catch up with them and taste all the produce that the farm has been growing this summer. we also picked up olives from our own olive tree for the first time! it’s hard to believe we’ve grown this tree from a tiny pot.
– on one of my sleepless early mornings, the thought struck me that maybe i’m entering perimenopause… i googled a few of the random symptoms i’ve been having (erratic sleep, weight gain, heart palpitations, joints pain, frequent headaches) and it makes sense. at least now i can stop worrying about disconnected issues, and be reassured that this is a normal part of life.
– i finished the back pain book i mentioned before, and i don’t want to jinx it, but… i think it might have worked? 😳 i haven’t had much pain for a couple of weeks at least, and no one is more surprised about this than me. i hope it stays that way!
– we went to the birdwatching festival in sagres, and OMG, it was amazing!! part of it was just the fact that we took a 4-day break in sagres (a place we really like). but also, just the amount of great activities organized, and how they opened our horizons — not just for birds, but culturally as well! we had a really nice time, and are planning to go again in future years.
– i started a raised bed in the backyard! right now there’s lettuce, broccoli and beetroots growing, and also some other random seeds. i missed having a place to grow herbs and a few other things.