– one week of treadmill desk, and going well so far — a steady 1.5-2km/h pace, about 10K steps in a workday, which isn’t bad at all! i get still tired after a couple of hours, and step off to give it (and my legs) a break. i dread the initial inertia of getting up there and walking… but once i start walking, it’s actually easy-going and i manage just fine. still figuring out what to wear on my feet.
– last week we had my parents staying over, now we’re hosting dani for a few days. the house feels like a whirlwind of activity the whole summer, we’ve scarcely been alone. i like it though — it’s a nice change of pace from the winter months, and it’s nice to have company when we can’t really go anywhere.
– because of dani and the boy’s desire for hot and sour soup, we went to the chinese supermarket in albufeira to source some ingredients. we manage to find about half of the stuff, but a few ingredients remained elusive. so i showed the shopkeeper my list of things, and then we had a conversation about which kind of pepper i was looking for. alas, they didn’t have it, but it was still nice to talk in chinese to someone for a bit. :) the soup is currently cooking… wish me luck!
august! the summer is always a frenzy of activity, and we look forward to meeting the friends and family that are having their holidays nearby.
the month started in the north, and then we drove south and had our friends for company for a couple of weeks. for the first half of the month, the days were filled with board games and long walks, ice-creams and market excursions. after that, there was lots of world postcard day stuff and then the fire nearby. nothing exciting to report, but a very happy month nonetheless.
– the parents are here for a few days, spoiling us with their fresh produce and cooking skills! :D
– been listening to SW945 as background noise when i’m working. the sounds of craig‘s walks in japan are a soothing company — my favourites 15mins are the roadside dinner (the background music is permanently stuck in my head) and the rain on his tent.
– clouds that looks like feathers!
– got myself a cheap treadmill to put under my desk and walk while i work, which is something i’ve been wanting to do for a while now. i’m still getting used to the slow walking pace, but so far so good. it’s funny how the hands type and the mind thinks, all the while the legs just do their own thing. i’ll report back on it in some time.
– i’ve finished watching falling into your smile, another e-sports-themed c-drama. i don’t know why i like e-sports dramas so much, but by now i could probably play league of legends, from having watched so many people play it in tv shows. 😅