i can’t even.
the gaokao is the name of the national exams in china, a series of tests that all high school students have to do in order to enter university. it’s a pretty big deal, with the whole country practically stopping and holding their breath while a generation of teenagers puts their intellectual skills to the test.
this year in zhejiang province, postcrossing was featured in the english exam! it’s kind of surreal to see something you work on being featured on an exam. the article is from an interview that paulo did to china daily a few years ago.
i thought that was pretty cool! :D
– the boy got his vaccination scheduled for next week! :D i’m supposed to be able to schedule mine tomorrow, and i can’t wait! soooo ready to do my part in order to end this pandemic already. plus, i want hugs!
– speaking of which, my parents are coming to visit next week, both also fully vaccinated and with arms wide open!
– after talking about craig‘s walking adventures in japan for ages, the boy surprised me with a special projects membership for my birthday. it has been a real treat to explore all the members-only materials, and getting even more wanderlust to go hike some pilgrimage routes in japan.
– i also got a new analogue camera, which we built from scratch on my birthday and then took for a spin. can’t wait to see what’ll come out of it!
i feel ridiculously lucky, and loved.
i’m now caught up with the azores posts (woohoo!), though not at all caught up with work (sigh…). but besides that, here’s what else has been going on lately:
– played kubb with friends + had a picnic, both perfect to inaugurate the summer season.
– good news for those of us who’ll probably have alzheimer at some point!