a quiet (and very hot) week.
– postcrossing celebrated its 17th anniversary, and it’s a little bit astounding. :) how many internet projects have lasted this long? we celebrated with an overdose of cake, from a cute new café in town.
– turns out, the tingling in my arm is the beginning of another herniated disc, this time towards the end of my neck… sigh. i still have to see a proper doctor, but yeah. more of the same, just in a different spot.
– got a quote for aligning my teeth with one of those fancy invisible thinguies this week, out of curiosity. the treatment is several thousands of euros and 2 years long, and includes taking out all my wisdom teeth and then some, to make room to straighten things out… do i want to do that? on one hand, my teeth are healthy and i don’t want to risk ruining that somehow… but on the other hand, they’ve always been more than a bit wonky. i don’t know what to do. :(
– in order to beat the heat, we’ve become the kind of people who only leave the house early in the morning and late at night. we’re hanging in here, trying to be clever about the shades and windows, to avoid using the AC too much. so far, so good… though i really wish we had a tiny pool!
– today i got up extra early, saw the sunrise at the ria and met a new friend. i think i’ll call him bush.